Among the September offerings is a sing-along on Sept. 14 from 11 a.m. to noon. The library will provide songbooks with the lyrics to classic standards, show tunes and rock ’n’ roll oldies.
The sing-alongs continue on the second Friday of each month.
The library also will host a discussion about “The Media & the Constitution,” on Sept. 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. The discussion is part of the four-month project called “Searching for Democracy: A Public Conversation about the Constitution,” which meets around the city. Professor Kevin Greene of the Thomas Jefferson School of Law will facilitate.
A One-on-One eReader Clinic is set for Sept. 28 from 1 to 4 p.m. Staff members from the San Diego Public Library’s Technology Team will offer personalized guidance in using electronic devices to download free eBooks through the library’s catalog.
Reserve a 30-minute appointment and bring your eReader, Tablet or Laptop to the session. Advance registration is required by calling (858) 581-9934, or sign up at the circulation desk.
Also on the agenda for adults:
• Knitting Circle — Sept. 15, 10 a.m.to noon. The group meets on the third Saturday of every month. Share project and pattern ideas, learn to knit or improve your skills.
• Zumba Gold — Sept. 22, 10 a.m. This low-impact dance-fitness class meets on the fourth Saturday of every month. There’s also a class at 4 p.m. every Monday. Zumba Basic, which is higher impact, meets on the second Saturday of each month at 10 a.m.
Children’s events for September:
• Pre-School Storytime — Today, Sept. 13 at 10:30 a.m. Recommended for ages 4 and under.
• Toddler Dance — Today, Sept. 13, 11:15 to noon. High-energy dance and movement class for ages 18 months to 5 years. Meets on the second Thursday of every month.
• Pajama Storytime & Craft — Sept. 18 and 25, 6:30 p.m. The group, including children 2 to 6, meets every Tuesday.
• Toddler Yoga — Sept. 20, 11:15 to noon. Meets on the first and third Thursday of every month. Recommended for ages 18 months to 5 years. Bring your own towel or yoga mat.
• Music Together — Sept. 20, 10:30 a.m. Introduces newborns to 5-year-olds to the pleasure of making music. Meets on the third Thursday of every month.
• Sign-a-Story Cirlce Time — Sept 27, 10:30 a.m. Learn stories, songs and games using sign language with pre-verbal babies and toddlers. Meets on the fourth Thursday of every month.
Pacific Beach/Earl & Birdie Taylor Library, (858) 581-9934, www.sandiegolibrary.org.