UC Merced officials will visit during lunch in the school’s little theater on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 11:30 a.m.
• The PBMS Music Department Giant Rummage Sale will be held in the rear parking lot of PBMS on Saturday, Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to noon. All proceeds go to support the PBMS Music Department and to help the students get to the Heritage Music Festival. Donations can be dropped off at the PBMS music room on Friday, Nov. 9. Volunteers are welcome on Friday, Nov. 9 and Saturday, Nov. 10.
• Student-led parent/teacher conferences take place Thursday, Nov. 15 and Friday, Nov. 16. PBMS lets out at noon.
• PBMS put together a week full of fun and educational activities to commemorate Red Ribbon Week between Oct. 22 and 28. One of the activities was a poster contest. The poster had to portray an image or message promoting a healthy drug-free lifestyle. The poster could have been hand drawn or done in a collage style. Judges picked the winners based on originality and the effectiveness of the message portraying a drug-free life. The 8th-grade winner was Antonio Ibarra, while the 6th-grade winner was Kai Deatrick. Both received a $20 iTunes gift card.
• PBMS needs your help. With extensive budget cuts, materials and promotion budgets have been slashed to keep more teachers and smaller class-sizes. As a result, PB Middle is in need of sponsorship of promotional materials (from $75-$500) as well as art, design and music materials (everything from a ream of colored copy paper to teacher mini-grants of $100). Sponsoring businesses and organizations will be recognized and promoted on the school’s eBlasts and marquee. For more information, contact Jennifer Sims at email@example.com.
KATE SESSIONS ELEMENTARY
Kick off the holidays at the beach! Join the Pacific Beach community in kicking off the holiday season with Kate Sessions’ local craft fair, “Seasons of Sessions,” on Dec. 1 at the school. With spaces for over 150 vendors, the fair is set to become one of the best in the beach area. If you have handmade items you would like to sell at the fair, visit seasonsofsessions.shutterfly.com. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. 10-by-10 vendor booths are $50 and 100 percent of the proceeds benefits Kate Sessions Elementary.
• Parent Tours at Pacific Beach Elementary take place Nov. 8 and Nov. 15 at the school, located at 1234 Tourmaline St. Tours begin at 8 a.m. in the front office. New families are welcome.
• PBE’s Family Fun Night restaurant fundraiser takes place on Thursday, Nov. 15 at Taco Surf,4657 Mission Blvd.
CROWN POINT JMA
• Parent-teacher conferences take place Nov.13-16. Minimum days take place each of those days.
• On Friday, Oct. 26, students scared drugs away at the school’s third annual Trunk or Treat Halloween event from 5 to 8 p.m. Parent volunteers decorated the trunks of their vehicles and passed out candy. There were games, food, a haunted library, photo booth and many other activities in another great success.