• School tour on Wednesday, Dec. 12, from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Check in at the front office and meet at the library. Learn more about the international baccalaureate program and all MBHS has to offer. Meet the IB coordinator, staff and parents while learning about the many varied opportunities for students in academics, sports, technology, fine arts, the sciences and the IB program. To find out more about the MBHS tour, call (858) 273-1313 or email Doug McIntosh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MBHS Winter Concert takes place on Friday, Dec. 14 at
7 p.m. The show features the MBHS Jazz Ensemble and the Preservationists. Students and children are admitted free; $5 general admission. Directed by J.P. Balmat.
• Celebrate the season with festive holiday music presented by the talented musicians under director John O’Donnell. Strings and Choir Concert takes place on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at
6:30 p.m. in the PBMS auditorium; Bands Concert is set for Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium; Concert Band performs and marches in the Pacific Beach Holiday Par-ade on Saturday, Dec. 15 at
• PBMS is helping with a toy drive to help refugee families in San Diego for the holiday season. New, unwrapped toys can be dropped off at the front office. They can also be given online through Amazon.com; search wish lists link for “Hope in the City.”
• Pacific Beach Elementary school tour takes place on Thursday, Dec. 6 at 8 a.m. Sign in at the front office.
• PBE will have its Las Posadas Winter Celebration on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at noon. This is a social celebration with music and cultural dance.
KATE SESSIONS ELEMENTARY
• Kate Sessions Elementary is one of the winners of the Shutterfly Classroom Connections Challenge. The school won $2,000 for setting up classroom Shutterfly websites and for an outstanding job on helping parents stay connected to what is happening in their child’s classroom.
• Friends of Kate Sessions is selling $10 Woodstock’s Pizza Deal Cards. For as little as $10 you can get up to $170 in savings. The group will receive 100 percent of the proceeds from these sales. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Kate Sessions will hold a Music and Art Showcase in the Sessions Westwood Auditorium on Dec. 13, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Students have been working with the Monart School of the Arts for the last three months, and their art pieces will be displayed in a world travel-themed art show. Sessions students have also been participating in a program sponsored by the Center for World Music, featuring artists from Veracruz, Mexico and from Kenya. They will perform the traditional music and dances of these countries under the direction of master artists from the Center for World Music.
CROWN POINT JMA
• Coffee with the principal, Friday, Dec. 7 at 8 a.m.
• Winter Dance, Friday, Dec. 7 at 5 p.m.