• Chancellors and senior leaders from all 10 University of California campuses, including Chancellor Khosla, visited high schools across the state to let students know that college is attainable. Khosla stopped by Mission Bay High as part of the Achieve UC event, conveying to students that a UC education is achievable. UCSD students, faculty and staff spent a day sharing information on UC course work, applications, financial aid and campus life.
• MBHS School Tour on Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 8 a.m. Join principal Fred Hilgers and learn about the widely acclaimed International Baccalaureate Program, tour the campus and meet the teachers. Sign in at the front office.
Pacific Beach Middle School
PBMS School tour — Thursday, Nov. 7, 8 a.m. in the library. Join principal Remillard and learn about the International Baccalaureate Program and award-winning PE, math and music departments. Tour the campus and visit classrooms. Sign in at the front office.
Crown Point Junior
CPJMA is hosting Food-Truck Gatherings on Ingraham Street in front of the school starting Nov. 21. Every Thursday from 5 to 7:30 p.m., enjoy delicious food from Chips Beach Eatz, My Urban Eatz, Chubby’s Food Truck, Perky Beans Coffee and Chiquita Mexican Food. Ten percent of gross sales will be donated back to the Friends of CPJMA.
Kate Sessions Elementary
• Tuesday, Nov. 12, 6 p.m. — All Kate Sessions parents are invited to the PTO meeting (in the Kate Sessions auditorium). Free child care provided.
• Wednesday, Nov. 20, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. — Pacific Beach residents are invited to attend Kate Sessions Dine Out at Hoboken Pizza, World Curry and Rocket Fizz Soda Pop and Candy Store (all located on Garnet between Haines and Gresham). Dine in or take out at one of these restaurants on Nov. 20, mention Kate Sessions and a percentage of your check total will go to the fundraising efforts at Kate Sessions Elementary.
• Saturday, Nov. 16, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Kate Sessions Elementary Craft Fair, “Homemade in San Diego,” on the Kate Sessions Elementary School Campus. The free event features more than 75 artists, crafters and bakers, live entertainment and a gift-wrapping station. Interested vendors email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pacific Beach Elementary
Nov. 7 — Family Fun Night at Taco Surf, located at 4567 Mission Blvd. Taco Surf is donating a portion of receipts back to the Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary School. PBE friends and family are invited to come out, have a delicious meal and support PBE.
Mission Bay Cluster News
The next Mission Bay Cluster meeting will be on Thursday, Nov. 7, 6 p.m. at Kate Sessions Elementary School in the auditorium. Join to learn more about the LCFF (Local Control Funding Formula), how the additional money will affect our cluster schools and how you can affect how the money will be spent. There will be a PB Schools Fair update and a discussion about the MB Cluster Speaker Series.
Friends of Pacific Beach
Secondary Schools (FOPBSS)
The next FOPBSS meeting is Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. in the Mission Bay High School library. The group will discuss volunteer needs, Missoula Theatre, Taste of North PB Restaurant Walk and principal updates from Fred Hilgers and Ernie Remillard.