• The Mission Bay High School talent show provided a great night of entertainment on Feb. 21, with the performers, a fabulous audience, and the class of 2014. Thank you to all of our sponsors: Mr. Frosty, Solid Performance Surfboards, A Better Deal Tuxedos, Cass Street Trading Co. & Music, Nightingale Music, Karen Allen Design, Canvas Church and Soul Grind.
• MBHS will host a school tour on Thursday, March 20 at 8 a.m., beginning in the library. Come see the wonderful new things happening at MBHS. Please sign in at the front office.
• The 2014 Mission Bay High School boys’ and girls’ lacrosse program has been launched! We are looking forward to an exciting year of lacrosse as we field varsity teams for our inaugural year led by boys’ head coach Justin Aefsky and girls’ head coach Kelly Fromm. The 2014 season began with tryouts on Feb. 24, For more information, contact Ellen Sawyer at email@example.com.
PACIFIC BEACH MIDDLE SCHOOL
• Pacific Beach Middle School will host a tour on Thursday, March 6, at 8 a.m., beginning in the library. Learn about the widely-acclaimed International Baccalaureate Programme and see it in action while visiting classrooms and touring the campus. Sign in at the front office.
• The PBMS Music Department will host its annual pancake breakfast to celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Saturday, March 15 from 9 to 11 a.m. Join IB music director John O’Donnell for a delicious pancake breakfast and traditional music while supporting the PBMS IB music program.
• Congratulations to the PBMS surf team for placing second at the Scholastic Surf Series Competition in Carlsbad on Feb. 23. Everyone on the team surfed well and contributed to the team placing second overall out of seven schools. Four team members won trophies: Shelby Moore (fifth in longboard and first in girls’ shortboard), Ciara Gray (second in longboard and second in girls’ shortboard), Nick Campagna (second in bodyboard) and Jack Patterson (sixth in bodyboard). Congratulations to the whole team and thank you to all the parents who came to the event and supported the kids.
CROWN POINT JMA
• The Crown Point Junion Music Academy will host an auction Saturday, March 22 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Mission Bay Yacht Club. Tickets are on sale now for $15/person and $25/couple. Enjoy dinner and entertainment while bidding on items in the silent auction. All proceeds support the music program at CPJMA.
• On Feb. 21, CPJMA students enjoyed a western-themed barbeque lunch with their families, provided by the San Diego Unified School District’s food service department.
KATE SESSIONS ELEMENTARY
• Kate Sessions will hold its first online auction March 3-12. More than $69,000 in items have been donated, including spa packages, hotel stays, summer camps, birthday parties, dine-out giveaways and entertainment. The bidding starts online March 3. All proceeds benefit the students and programs. For more information and to bid, visit www.sandi.net/sessions.
• Special thanks to our platinum sponsor Ocean Park Inn; gold sponsors PB Fish Shop, Duck Dive and Shore Club; and our bronze sponsors The Patio, Luv San Diego Surf and Bill Howe. These local Pacific Beach businesses and restaurants support our local schools.
• Isabel's Cantina hosted our February Family Dine Out and it was a huge success. Thanks to all of the families who attended and to Isabel for making it so great.
PACIFIC BEACH ELEMENTARY
Did you know ...
• PBE will offer transitional kindergarten next school year?
• New student registration will begin on March 17 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• PBE offers two afterschool child-care programs (Prime Time and Klassic Kids)?
• PBE is the only elementary school in our cluster that offers the seminar program?
For more information, contact the office at (858) 488-8316 and come tour our school.
• PBE will host an auction April 25 from 5 to 10 p.m. at the Soledad Women’s Club. Tickets are $25 per person, which include drinks and wonderful food. Proceeds from the event attendance, donations, sponsorships and silent auction will be used in specific areas of need to help maintain the best level of academic excellence that has become PBE. For more information, email Amanda Marzion (auction chairwoman) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRIENDS OF PACIFIC BEACH SECONDARY SCHOOLS (FOPBSS)
• The Taste of North PB Art & Restaurant Walk is right around the corner on Wednesday, March 12 from 5 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for kids (5-10 years) and can be purchased at Pacific Beach Elementary School, Pacific Beach Middle School and Missio Bay High. The walk features over 18 restaurants, displays of artwork by local students and music by the MBHS Preservationists, PBE musicians and local duet Mad Colony.
• This year’s largest fundraiser for Pacific Beach Middle School and Mission Bay High is the School Yard Dash 5K Run on April 26. Join friends and family for a healthy morning of fun along beautiful Mission Bay at De Anza Cove. Race time is 9 a.m. for the Kids’ One-Mile Dash, followed by the 5K Run and the 5K Walk. There will be a vendor village, featuring a delicious brunch, prizes, music and more. Registration is $30 until April 1 and proceeds raised will bring academic enrichment to our community schools. Register, sponsor or learn more at www.school-yarddash.org.