- Join in the fun and cheer on the MBHS varsity football team as they play their first home game against University City at 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 6.
- Back to School Night will take place 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12.
- Have you heard of ACES? ACES (After-school Center for Excellence and Support) is an after-school tutoring program providing consistent academic support Mondays through Thursdays in the Mission Bay High School Library from 2:15 to 4:15 p.m. The program provides assistance in English, history, math, science and special populations, including English language learners, special education, IB and art, and access to technology resources. All students are welcome.
Pacific Beach Middle
- PB Palooza is back! Sunday, Sept, 29, from 1-6 p.m., at the San Diego Mission Bay Boat and Ski Club. $10 for adults and $5 for kids under 18. Kick off the school year with some back to school fun. Enjoy local music from you favorite PB bands, delicious eats from our very own Todd Meza's Lagga's BBQ, and always good drinks from the Mission Bay Boat and Ski Club. All proceeds support the music program at PBMS. This year's bands are The Go Heads, Seven Miles Away, First Friday Music Club, Lay Low, and The Pinch Flats.
- As part of an eighth-grade IB Community Project, PBMS is looking for Folklorico or Mariachi groups to perform during lunch on Monday, Sept. 16. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Back to School Night will be Wednesday, Sept. 18, at 5 p.m.
Pacific Beach Elementary
- Principal's Chat will take place 8 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 6. Sign in at the front office.
- FOPBE meeting will take place at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 10. Are you looking for a way to get involved at PBE? See old friends, meet new parents, and join in the conversation at the next PBE meeting.
- The school year is already off to a running start. The Barnard community is looking forward to its annual Day at the Bay at the Catamaran Resort on Sept. 7; Back to School Night on Sept. 17; and Parents Night Out on Sept. 20.
- Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary School’s first day was off to a fun and fortunate start as students were treated to a traditional lion dance performance during the first morning assembly of the year. The dancing lions, performed by members of the Three Treasures Cultural Arts Society, have quickly become a beloved first day of school tradition and signify good luck in the year ahead. Barnard teaches its students in a Mandarin immersion environment for 50-80% of the day and incorporates extensive Chinese programs and cultural arts within its classrooms. This year, students will learn tai chi, abacus, calligraphy, and more in order to gain a better perspective on the culture from which the Mandarin language derives.
- For information on Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary School, or to find out about the District’s School Choice program, visit sandiegounified.org/barnard.
- The Friends of Kate Sessions PTO welcomed the Sessions community back to school in a creative way, with Sidewalk Chalk. Staff, families and students were greeted with inspirational phrases drawn on all paths leading to the school. "Do Good" and "Dream Big" were two of the many messages. A special thanks to the Hospitality Team for all their time and effort. Sessions students are off to a great start.
Crown Point Junior Music Academy
- Join family and friends for the first Family Dine Out on Friday, Sept. 6, 3-11 p.m., at Panda Express at 1656 Garnet Ave., and 20% of event sales will be donated to CPJMA.