• 52ND STREET performs Wednesday, April 9, at HUMPHREYS BACKSTAGE LIVE, 2241 Shelter Island Drive at 7 p.m. $5. www.humphreysbackstagelive.com.
It’s true San Diego is seemingly overrun with singer-songwriters, making it a little difficult to pick out the truly great acts. But Christopher Dale is certainly one of these. He has a wealth of great material, including his semi-hit “Hilary” and terrific re-cast covers like an acoustic take of the Cars’ “Just What I Needed” that would make Benjamin Orr proud. As wonderful as his music is, it’s topped by his stage presence, which lures you in and keeps you there. Charming, witty and fun, Dale’s sets are always worth catching and always enjoyable.
• CHRISTOPHER DALE performs at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9 at TIO LEO’S, 5302 Napa Street. 9 p.m. 21 and up. Cover TBD. www.tioleos.com.
Fans of classical music won’t want to miss the Neave Trio, featuring violinist Anna Williams, cellist Mikhail Veselov and pianist Toni James, who perform at the Pacific Beach/Taylor Branch Library on April 9. The free concert by this world-class group is part of a monthly series at the library, perfect for all ages. Though the trio is local and are artists in residency at SDSU, they have been making international headway with appearances on PBS, ABC and more. This intimate library setting is a great way to take in the music of this promising young trio.
• NEAVE TRIO: Wednesday, April 9 at PACIFIC BEACH/TAYLOR BRANCH LIBRARY, 4275 Cass St., 7 p.m. All ages. No cover. www.pblibraryfriends.org/concert.htm
Between the great scenery and food, it might be easy to forget that the Kona Kai Resort has a terrific music schedule, but this is an incredible spot to enjoy music. The beautiful setting might seem at odds with the blues, but aficionados will not be disappointed with the music of The Backwater Blues Band. On April 9, the band will perform a full roster of Chicago-style blues classics and originals, set to go with the venues signature BBQ — it’s a match made in heaven.
• BACKWATER BLUES BAND: Wednesday, April 9 at the Kona Kai Resort, 1551 Shelter Island Drive. 6 p.m. www.resortkonakai.com.
Orange County-based Tyrone Wells may not be a household name, but chances are you’ve heard his music. Appearing at The Griffin on April 10, Wells is a singer-songwriter blessed with a soulful voice and a plethora of uplifting songs. It’s a sound that’s appealed to TV producers in a major way, with his songs turning up in everything from "American Idol" to "Grey’s Anatomy," "As The World Turns" to "The Vampire Diaries." Fans of artists along the lines of Jack Johnson or Jason Mraz (who Wells shared a producer with) will find much to appreciate in Wells music.
• TYRONE WELLS: Thursday April 10 at The Griffin, 1310 Morena Blvd. 9 p.m. 21 and up. $20. www.thegriffinsd.com