Lyft designed this model with:
• Wider base (20% wider than the previous model) for a more comfortable riding stance.
• Thicker, air-filled wheels for a smoother trip on city streets.
• More durable build to better handle the outdoor elements.
• More powerful battery that can charge faster and last significantly longer than current models, riding further on a single charge.
• A hand brake, similar to a bike brake.
• Battery embedded into the base for improved balance while riding.
• Kickstand at the front of the scooter for more comfortable riding
“The new Lyft scooters take the rider experience to the next level,” said Kyle Zuvella, market manager for Lyft Bikes and Scooters in San Diego. “For the first time, Lyft scooters will also feature our iconic pink wheels, making it undeniably clear that scooters are central to Lyft’s vision for a future where cities are built around people, not private cars.”
Just like all of Lyft’s other scooter markets, the company offers its Community Pass for low-income San Diegans to ensure transportation options are equitable and accessible. Eligible residents can sign up to pay only $5 per month for unlimited, free 30-minute rides within the service area.