• Support Pacific Beach community schools (K-12): “Stay Local — Be Vocal!” Tony Roma’s event to support the Mission Bay Cluster of schools will benefit Mission Bay High, PB Middle, Kate Sessions Elementary, PB Elementary, Crown Point Junior Music Academy and Bay View Terrace. The event takes place at Tony Roma’s, 4110 Mission Blvd. on Wednesday, April 25 from 5 to 9 p.m. Some details:
— 15 percent of all food and alcohol purchases support the Mission Bay Cluster.
— Learn about the distinguished international baccalaureate program at Mission Bay High School, PB Middle and Kate Sessions Elementary. IB coordinators will be on hand to answer questions.
— Support classes at MBHS by purchasing merchandise to raise funds for graduations.
— Support eighth-graders at PBMS by purchasing their specially designed PBM T-shirt to raise funds for their eighth-grade trip.
— Support Kate Sessions by purchasing note cards designed by students and the official IB cluster car magnet.
• The next Mission Bay Cluster meeting is Wednesday, April 18 at 6 p.m. Visit Mission Bay Cluster on Facebook or http://mbcluster2010.blogspot.com/
• The next meeting of Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools (FOBPSS) is April 25 at Mission Bay High School at
6 p.m. There will be updates on the “Blues By the Bay” fundraiser, scheduled for Sunday, May 20. Auction donation items and financial donations are being accepted and encouraged. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to make a contribution to the auction.
MISSION BAY HIGH
• A free electronic recycling event at Mission Bay High School takes place Saturday, April 21 from 8 a.m. to noon. Help the class of 2012 raise money for prom and graduation by donating unused and outdated electronics. For a full list of items accepted, visit www.sandi.net/missionbay.
• The new Mission Bay Pet Salon and Dog Wash, located at 5010 Cass St., hosts a fundraiser for the Mission Bay High School Class of 2013 at MBHS. The event takes place on Sunday, April 15 from noon to 4 p.m. Bring in your pooch to the “do it yourself” dog wash for a bath and 50 percent of the money will come back to the class. Support the class of 2013 and get your doggy clean at the same time.
PB MIDDLE SCHOOL
Pacific Beach Middle School will host a PB Student Beach Cleanup on April 18, 1 to 3 p.m. at Law Street beach. Inspired by IB units that teach students to take action, participants like Sessions Elementary Walk to the Park Ecology Club, PB Middle Kiwanis Builders Clubber Nicholas Campagna, Trader Joe and others are planning a large-scale beach cleanup for students of all ages. For more information, contact Kate Sessions school or the Campagna family at email@example.com.
Get your tickets for the Pacific Beach Elementary 1980s Prom and Auction on Friday, April 27 at The Soledad Club. Tickets are on sale at the office and auction items are still being accepted. For more information, contact Elize Tolley at (858) 488-8316.
KATE SESSIONS ELEMENTARY
Join Kate Sessions Elementary International Baccalaureate World School students as they tackle world issues through the design and presentation of their fifth-grade IB exhibitions. For information or to sign up to attend, contact Principal Sue DeVicariis at
(858) 273-3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CROWN POINT JMA
The school will host a giant rummage sale with food and raffles on Saturday, April 21 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. to support the programs at Crown Point Junior Music Academy. Stop by the CPJMA office to reserve your space. For more information, call (858) 273-9830.