• Oct. 26, 8 a.m. – Principal’s Coffee
• Nov. 2 – End of quarter 1 grade period
Follow MBHS on Twitter for the latest news and updates at https://twitter.com/missionbayhigh
PB MIDDLE SCHOOL
• Thursday, Nov. 1, 8 a.m. — Pacific Beach Middle School tour. Meet PBMS’s principal, Ernest Remillard, in the library to learn about the international baccalaureate program and take a tour of the school.
• Saturday, Nov. 10, 9 a.m. to noon — PBMS Music Department Rummage Sale will be held in the parking lot of PBMS. All proceeds go to support the school’s music program. Donations can be dropped off at the PBMS music room on Friday, Nov. 9.
• Seven deserving PB Middle School students have been chosen to receive The Jenna Druck Center’s 2012 “Spirit of Leadership” award. As a recipient of this award, they are among only 300 middle school and high school girls invited to attend the 16th annual “Spirit of Leadership” Conference on Saturday, Nov. 3. Supporting the service and community-action focus in the international baccalaureate program at PB Middle, the leadership conference experience is designed to support and inspire each teen as she continues to become a leader in her life and community.
• Mrs. Lindsay-Dial, PB Middle IB educator and alum, just returned from a prestigious training sponsored by the International Baccalaureate Organization. About 30 educators are chosen each year out of applicants from all over North America to attend the high-level IB Academy training. Academy grads learn how to evaluate and authorize other IB schools and train new IB educators.
• Friday, Oct. 26, 2 to 5 p.m. — Kate Sessions’ annual Halloween Carnival. All are welcome to have a spooktacular time, including carnival games, a haunted school house, bake sale, train rides and other activities. Wristbands allowing access to all events are available for $12 presale/$15 at the event.
• Have extra stuffed animals you’d like to donate? Bring them by the Kate Sessions office for the popular “Lil’ Boo’s Adopt-a-Pet Booth.” Also needed are MatchBox/Hotwheels-type cars for the school racing booth. Contact email@example.com for more information.
• Kate Sessions will host a Family Science Night with the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center on Nov. 6 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the school auditorium. Families will participate in an entertaining and educational workshop with hands-on activities de-signed to inspire the scientist in us all. Family Science Night is made possible by the Operation Student Achievement program, funded by the Department of Defense.
PACIFIC BEACH ELEMENTARY
• PBE introduced the Peace Patrol, a peer-based program that reinforces a safe and positive recess experience for students. Learn more at www.sandi.net/Page/43241
• Wednesday, Nov. 7 — Student Council elections for the upper grades.
• Wednesday, Nov. 7, 6 p.m. — Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary (FOPBE) meeting. All are welcome and childcare will be provided.
CROWN POINT JMA
• Friday, Oct. 26, 5 to 8 p.m. — Trunk or Treat Halloween event. An evening of fun, games and trick-or-treating. Open to the community.
• Friday, Nov. 2, 8 a.m. — Coffee with the principal. Get updates on upcoming school events.
• Tuesday, Nov. 6, 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. — Election polls in the auditorium.
• Friday, Oct. 26, 8 p.m. — Join the Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools (FOPBSS) for a rock ’n’ roll fundraiser at The Tiki House,
1152 Garnet Ave. Live music by PB’s own SLK band! All proceeds go directly to Pacific Beach Middle School and Mission Bay High School. 21 and over.
• Keep the drive alive! Make a contribution to your child’s school and his/her education. With the recent government cutbacks, parent support is more important than ever. If every family donated $5, we could raise a lot of money. This money can be used for needed educational supplies for the classrooms. All donations are tax deductible. Contribution envelopes were included in your child’s packet that went home. Mail back to the school at your earliest convenience and/or make a contribution at www.fopbss.org (look under the “Make a Difference” link).
• Thank you to Don Brown and the players in the “Links for Learning Golf Tournament.” The event raised $6,730 for the four elementary schools in Pacific Beach. Each school will receive $1,682.50.