The event is the county’s largest festival held during Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. The festival provides a means to learn new things about all the different traditions among some of the various Asian ethnicities in the community.
Among the features:
• Free admission and two free parking lots
• Opportunity drawing for Southwest airline tickets and other goodies
• Family and pet-friendly park, with stroller and wheelchair-accessible areas
• Live cooking demonstrations to spice up your cookbook, plus free sample tastings
• Two stages of cultural entertainment and group dances to join
• Explore the Cultural Row of Asian Nations to learn cool facts and make crafts
• Support San Diego small businesses and prominent community organizations
• Cultural food
Whether you have been to Asia or dream of going, organizers said it’s like having exotic countries in San Diego’s backyard. Like the Facebook Fan Page, RSVP on the Event Page, or send a tweet “hello” in your language to twitter @ACFsd for festival up-dates.
The 2013 event is presented by National Asian American Coalition (www.naacoalition.org), empowering minorities with homebuyer education, foreclosure/credit/loan counseling with offices in Mira Mesa and Chula Vista opening soon.
The festival is sponsored by Union Bank, Filipino Press, Asian Journal, San Diego Yuyu and Hampton Inn at San Diego SeaWorld/Airport. It is also a signature event created by the Silk Road Productions team.
Festival organizers are accepting applications for sponsors, vendors and entertainers to represent San Diego’s diverse demographic.
For more information, visit www.asianculturalfestivalsd.org or email, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.