After the sun has set, the marine-life park is illuminated as SeaWorld’s family of killer whales star in their own rock ’n’ roll concert, featuring hot lights and cool tunes. Laughter can be heard as silly sea lions and mischievous otters wreak havoc on stage. As the evening comes to a crescendo, SeaWorld’s “Into the Blue” fireworks display lights up the night sky, joined by orchestral music from SeaWorld show “Blue Horizons.”
The marine-life park’s summertime extravaganza kicked into high gear May 25 and continues on the following dates: June 1-2, June 8-9, June 15-Aug. 18, Aug. 23-25 and Aug. 31-Sept. 2.
Guests can purchase a one-year membership, which allows repeat admission for an entire year, plus free parking and discounts on food and merchandise. The cost is $145 for all ages.
“Summer Nights” lineup:
• “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation” — Beginning June 15, guests can sing, clap and dance along to the ultimate interactive show, “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation,” an original live musical show featuring the characters from DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc.’s beloved “Madagascar” franchise.
• “Shamu’s Rise and Shine Celebration” — Young children can come dance with SeaWorld characters daily from June 15 to Sept. 2. Times vary, depending on the park’s opening time that day. The 30-minute celebration will include five SeaWorld costume characters, an interactive DJ and host that will lead the kids in activities and dances.
• Club Atlantis Presented by Coca-Cola — As part of “Summer Nights,” everyone can dance the night away at SeaWorld’s Club Atlantis Presented by Coca-Cola, held nightly June 15 to Aug. 11. Channel 933’s DJ Marc Thrasher keeps the party going from 7 to 10 p.m., with dance-team performances and nightly Coca-Cola dance-offs and giveaways.
• Cirque de la Mer — Returning for its 13th summer, this acrobatic odyssey is performed on land, water and in the air at SeaWorld’s bayside venue, Cirque Stadium. The daytime show features acrobats, hand balancers, aerialists, trapeze artists and comic performers. The show includes a 40x10 trampoline wall where the performers show off their acrobatic skills and dive 19 feet into Mission Bay.
• “Shamu Rocks” — The world-famous killer whale takes center stage during “Summer Nights” in this 20-minute musical journey that transports Shamu around the globe, through awesome natural settings. Shamu’s visual experience is enhanced by images on four LED screens that move and rotate.
• “Sea Lions Tonite” — “Summer Nights” guests won’t want to miss “Sea Lions Tonite,” a hilarious adventure featuring famous California sea lions Clyde and Seamore.
• Fireworks — In addition to the nightly summertime “Into the Blue” fireworks show, SeaWorld will celebrate the Fourth of July with an Independence Day Fireworks Spectacular, an extended display set to patriotic music, at 9:30 p.m. on July 4.
To purchase tickets online and skip the ticket line, or to learn about other discounts, show schedules and general information, visit www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com, or call (800) 257-4268.