• Creek to Bay Cleanup, sponsored by I Love a Clean San Diego, 9 a.m. to noon, various locations. For details and available cleanup sites, visit www.creekto-bay.org.
• The Point Loma Garden Club is preparing for its big, annual plant sale. The event is set to take place at Westminster Presbyterian Church, located at 3598 Talbot St. (east of Cañon Street) from 9 a.m. to noon. Visit the Club Cafe and Boutique and get information from master gardeners. Proceeds from the event provide continued philanthropic support for local college scholarships and community organizations. For more information, visit www.plcg.org.
SATURDAY, May 3
Point Loma Artists will host its popular Point Loma Art Tour and Sale, featuring four beautiful gardens in the beautiful Peninsula community. There will be an outstanding collection of paintings, sculpture, photography, glass, wood, textiles and more for sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Homes on the tour: 1148 Moana Drive; 3711 James St.; 3638 Charles St.; and 4544 Fenelon St. Meet the artists and see their work and techniques in various art mediums like glass mosaics, jewelry, cards and prints. Refreshments will be served at the homes on the tour. For more information, email email@example.com.
MONDAY, May 5
• The Ocean Beach Woman’s Club will host a board nominations meeting at 5:30 a.m. Food and a social hour will precede the meeting at 2160 Bacon St. All are welcome. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Guests won’t have to go south of the border for this fiesta. On May 3 at 6 p.m., at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, Mission Ballroom, señors and señoras can shake their maracas and say “¡Ole!” at Silver Gate Elementary School’s 19th annual fiesta-themed silent auction, dinner and dance. The event, complete with music, sizzling traditional Mexican fare and colorful décor, benefits Silver Gate Elementary and is the school’s biggest fundraiser of the year. Guests are encouraged to dress in their fiesta-themed attire. The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay is located at 1442 Quivira Road. Proceeds go toward The Friends of Silver Gate Foundation (FSG), a nonprofit organization devoted to financially supporting Silver Gate Elementary School’s enrichment programs. For more information go to www.silvergateschool.com.
WEDNESDAY, May 21
• The Point Loma Singers will perform a free concert at the Point Loma/Hervey Branch Library at 6:30 p.m. The library is located at 3701 Voltaire St. For more information, call (619) 531-1539.
• The Sharp Health Senior Resource Center will host a free presentation titled “Know the 10 Signs: Early Detection Matters.” Holly Pobst, community education manager of the Alzheimer’s Association, will present the seminar. Learn about the difference between normal aging and Alzheimer’s disease and the benefits of early detection, as well as tips to follow up on any concerns you may have about yourself or someone you care about. The presentation will take place from noon to 1 p.m. at the Point Loma Community Presbyterian Church, located at 2128 Chatsworth Blvd. Registration required. Call (800) 827-4277 or register online at www.sharp.com.