Boasting the FlowRider and the FlowBarrel, WaveHouse’s simulated wave machines have challenged pros and novices, celebrities and tourists alike over the past decade.
The only FlowBarrel in the United States, WaveHouse San Diego’s 10-foot wave machine pumps 100,000 gallons of water a minute over a uniquely shaped ride surface creating an endless barreling wave.
WaveHouse’s commitment to the sport has elevated flowboarding to a competitive sport with worldwide events and an international fan base. WaveHouse’s own Team USA holds the most world champion titles, including current team members Eric Silverman and Sean Silveira.
Silverman said WaveHouse’s flowboarding system is truly unique.
“This is the only big, full barrel running in the United States, though there are other flowriders, smaller ones, all over the world,” he said. “This one allows us to be able to do all our big tricks. If this one weren’t here, we’d have to fly to Singapore, Abu Dhabi or Chile to use one. It’s insane.”
Silverman added that Belmont Park’s Flowrider is “super-safe and super-addicting,” noting the flowboard used is a cross between a skateboard and a wakeboard.
The weeklong schedule of celebratory events includes:
• U.S. Flow Tour: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, June 18, free admission. Flowboarders from around the country battle it out on the FlowRider on stop No. 5 of this annual Flow Tour competition.
• Night Flight: Around the world edition: 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, June 18, free admission. The world’s best flowboarders light up the barrel with a flips, tricks and big airs wave show.
• AM Chams: U.S. Open qualifier: 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 19, free admission. Amateur flowboarders compete for a coveted wildcard entry to the U.S. Open of Flowboarding. Only the top contestant from each division will advance. $40 entry fee. Sign up at belmontpark.com/amchams.
• 10-year anniversary party and U.S. Open of Flowboarding: 2 to 10 p.m. Saturday, June 20, free admission. Celebrate with a WaveHouse party complete with live entertainment from Thurz and Girlboy as the pros throw down in an epic FlowBarrel competition.
• All day Sunday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, June 21, $60/day all day ride pass on the FlowBarrel.
Located in the heart of Mission Beach, Belmont Park is a one-stop shop for endless entertainment, featuring restaurants, bars, classic rides, attractions, wave machines and a live music stage.
special event stage and a welcoming atmosphere.
For more information on Belmont Park and upcoming events, visit www.belmontpark.com.