- Mission Bay High School annual talent show titled “Get Your Act Together!” will take place 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 10 at the MBHS auditorium. With cash prizes, celebrity judges and a few surprises in store, you'll enjoy this exciting night of fantastic singers, dancers, bands and unique acts. The evening will showcase the amazing talent of Mission Bay High School students. Tickets are $5 at the door.
- PBE presents its 27th annual variety show, GIANT, 6 p.m. Friday, May 20. Come to the PBE auditorium for a fun night of performances and entertainment featuring talented and creative students. Tickets can be bought in the office or at the door.
- Join the PBE community for the Celebration of Art and Open House 5 p.m. Thursday, June 2. Artwork from every student will be on display in the auditorium. The Open House will feature classroom projects and different forms of creativity, such as architecture, recorder performances and the living museum. If you are new to the school or thinking about enrolling your children, please attend.
- The school has many exciting events occurring within the next 30 days, but the best day for students will be Tuesday, May 24, when Sessions will hold its annual talent show. Featured acts include Hula-Hoopers, tap dancers, singers, and more. On June 8, the staff at Sessions will thank the amazing volunteers who support the school with their time and generosity. Without volunteers, the school would not be able to create a safe place for students to grow and learn.
- On Friday, May 20, Crown Point Junior Music Academy students will attend the Classics for Kids Concert, where strings players will perform with the professional musicians. On Thursday, May 26, the school choir concert will take place in the auditorium at 8 a.m. On Wednesday, June 1, the Music Club (rock band) concert will take place in the auditorium at 8:15 a.m.
- They are gearing up for "I Love the '80s" themed PTO auction that will take place on Saturday, June 4. Proceeds from the auction help support many music and academic programs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (858) 273-9830 if you would like to make a donation or help out.
Mission Bay Cluster
- The Mission Bay Cluster elected a new board for the 2016-17 school year: Past Chair - Jennifer Tandy Chair - Bonnie Franklin, Chair Elect - Lily Higman, Secretary - Margot Hutchinson, District Liaison - Maria Mikus, Community Liaison - Nadine Dunphy.
- The final Mission Bay Cluster meeting of the school year is 6 p.m. Thursday, June 2 at Mission Bay High School in the library. This last meeting will include a panel discussion with a group of MBHS seniors sharing their experiences at Mission Bay High. The discussion will be moderated by a graduate of MBHS and will include time for Q&A. You will hear about the success, struggles and rewards of high school, straight from the students themselves.
Also, consider joining the Facebook page Mission Bay Cluster of Pacific Beach Schools to hear the latest and greatest about community schools and to stay in touch over the summer