• There will be a one-day delay in trash, yard waste and curbside recyclables collection for customers served by the Environmental Services Department (ESD) beginning Monday, Dec. 25. For example: Monday’s collection will be done on Tuesday, and so on.
Thursday’s collection will occur on Friday, with Friday’s collection occurring on Saturday. This schedule is for the City of San Diego only. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
• The ESD customer service office will be open from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 30.
• San Vicente Reservoir will be open a half-hour before sunrise to sunset.
• Torrey Pines and Balboa golf courses will be open until 3 p.m. Mission Bay golf course will be open until 5 p.m. Holiday rates will apply.
• Most cultural attractions in Balboa Park will be closed, including museums. All public buildings in the park will be closed including: Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building.
• The Robb Field Skate Park, Rancho Peñasquitos Skate Park, Carmel Valley Skate Park, Bill and Maxine Wilson Skate Park and the Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park will be open.
• Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port property and in different cities may vary so please read signage provided.
Specific closures within the City on Monday, Dec. 25:
• All administrative offices.
• All libraries.
• The City’s refuse/recyclables container sales office on Miramar Place.
• The City’s Miramar Landfill.
• All City recreation centers.
• All City pools.
• Chollas Lake.
• Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center.
• Tecolote Nature Center.
• Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices.
• The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department.
• The Family Justice Center – Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
• Police and Fire-Rescue emergency crews will not be impacted.
• Station 38 (Citywide emergency dispatch center) will be on duty.