Man charged with killing person with hammer, gets bail set at $2 million
by NEAL PUTNAM
Published - 01/11/18 - 04:24 PM | 1377 views | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Bail was set at $2 million Thursday for a homeless man who is charged with killing a 37-year-old man with a sledgehammer near a bus stop on Midway Drive.

Greg Jennings, 50, pleaded not guilty to murder when he appeared before San Diego Superior Court Judge Maureen Hallahan.

Deputy District Attorney Michael Reilly said the 37-year-old victim is not being identified following the Monday slaying as his family has not yet been notified.

He said he did not know if Jennings knew the victim, but they had been arguing around 6:20 p.m. near a bus stop on Midway Drive near West Point Loma Boulevard. Reilly said he didn’t know what the argument was about.

Reilly told the judge the sledgehammer was small, weighing 64 ounces, and Jennings “struck him multiple times.” When the victim collapsed, Jennings straddled the man and struck him again, “resulting in his death.”

Jennings appeared in blue jail clothing with his hair tied in a bun. He agreed to waive his right to having a speedy preliminary hearing and the judge set it for Feb. 22.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Comments are back! Simply post the comment (it'll complain about you failing the human test) then simply click on the captcha and then click "Post Comment" again. Comments are also welcome on our Facebook page.
Trending