Widely known as the mecca for craft beer lovers seeking the hoppy taste of freedom, Barrel Republic offers the freedom to pour your own beer fresh from the tap with well over 40 casks of coveted craft brews to choose from. This newly remodeled local watering hole and tasting room has added on a kitchen annex to dish out savory share plates, sandwiches and more.
Spearheaded by experienced executive chef Michael C. Brown, the addition of the kitchen brings an extensive menu of elevated American bar fare to the tasting room, one that is already making waves in Oceanside and Carlsbad with dishes including:
* Bacon-Wrapped Pork Belly, honey-glazed and served with local kale slaw;
* BBQ Pork Sliders with pickled onion and a smoky sauce;
* Ironman Salad with spinach, kale, raw almonds, ground flaxseed, quinoa, cranraisins, strawberries and turmeric-maple vinaigrette;
* Candied Bacon Flatbread with brown sugar crusted bacon, bacon aioli, smoked gouda, smoked BBQ sauce, fresh tomato, red onion and a cider vinegar spritz;
* Vegan Wild Mushroom “French Dip” with portobello, oyster and button mushrooms, sautéed onion, spinach, vegan cheese and porcini au jus;
* Crispy Avocado Grilled Cheese with tomato smear, mozzarella and kale pesto on sourdough.