For the next month, construction will continue on Ingraham Street, West Mission Bay Drive, and the Glenn Rick Bridge area. Here are some project specifics:
Construction area No. 1
At the Glenn Rick Bridge, the crew is working on the median and pipeline replacement during daytime hours. The crew anticipates completing the pipe installation over the next couple of weeks and will then start the testing of this pipeline segment. Be advised that traffic control will be in place and may change as the project progresses.
Construction area No. 2
The crew has finished installation of water main on West Mission Bay Drive, east of the Glenn Rick Bridge. The pipe is undergoing the required tests at night. The contractor will also continue to install new ADA compliant curb ramps and cross gutters along the alignment. Be advised that traffic control will be in place and may change as the project progresses.
Construction area No. 3
On Ingraham Street, the crew will continue night work to test the pipeline and reconnections. Be advised that traffic control will be in place and may change as the project progresses.
Construction area No. 4
On Ingraham Street between Crown Point Drive/Rivera Drive to Jewell Street, the crew will investigate utilities to verify existing mains at night. After that work is concluded, installation of the new water main will start. Be advised road closures and detours will be in effect.
What to expect:
• Any work that requires water service shut-offs will only occur after advanced notice to residents and stakeholders has been given via door hangers.
• Always exercise caution near the work zone and note that:
• Speeds will be reduced in the construction area;
• Safety measures will be implemented to ensure bicyclists and pedestrians will be allowed access throughout the project;
• Access to homes, businesses, and emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times;
• Road closures, detours, and restricted access may be implemented during working hours;
• You will receive additional updates as the project progresses.
Hours and days of construction
Day work will take place Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Night work will take place Sunday night through Friday morning from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. Hours may vary based upon construction task and traffic impact. Visit sandiego.gov/cip/projectinfo for more information.