Movie theater operators must limit the number of attendees in each theater to 25% of theater capacity or a maximum of 100 guests, whichever number is lower. They must also ensure employees and customers practice good hand hygiene, use face coverings when not eating or drinking, maintain physical distancing and are screened for symptoms.
“Several communities across the nation have seen a spike in case numbers after reopening their economies,” said Wilma J. Wooten, M.D., M.P.H., County public health officer. “We need to remain vigilant and continue to use the measures that have slowed the spread of COVID-19.”
The following businesses can also begin to reopen June 12:
• Bars and wineries
• Swimming pools, including condominium and community pools
• Hotels and other rental properties for tourism and individual travel
• Card rooms, racetracks and satellite wagering facilities
• Family entertainment (bowling alleys, batting cages)
• Zoos, galleries, museums and aquariums
• Film/TV production
• Professional sports without spectators
Steps for business owners to follow and guidance are on the County’s Safe Reopening page.
The following activities are not permitted until further notice:
• Nail and facial salons
• Tattoo parlors
• Therapeutic massage businesses
COVID-19 Testing, Cases and Deaths
• 3,963 tests were reported to the County on June 8 and 110 or 3% were positive.
• 3.1% was yesterday’s 14-day, rolling average percentage of positive tests.
• 110 new cases were reported for a San Diego County total of 8,729.
• 1,441 or 16.5% of the total cases have required hospitalization.
• 408 or 4.7% of all cases had to be admitted to the intensive care unit.
• The median age of county residents infected with COVID-19 is 44 years.
• The age of all individuals with cases ranges from 0 to 102 years.
• Five new COVID-19 deaths were reported today, bringing the region’s total deaths to 301.
• The median age for deaths among county residents is 78 years.
• The ages of those who died from COVID-19 in the region is 23 to 101 years of age.
There are currently 56 active outbreaks in skilled-nursing facilities and other congregate and community settings:
• 21 outbreaks with 805 cases, including 86 deaths in skilled nursing facilities.
• 23 outbreaks with 846 cases, including 66 deaths in other congregate settings.
• 12 outbreaks with 402 cases, including six deaths in community settings.