All City of San Diego administrative offices will be closed on Monday, Feb. 15, for the Presidents Day holiday.
Trash Pickup and Disposal
Curbside trash, recyclables and yard waste will be collected as scheduled the week of Feb. 15 for customers served by the City’s Environmental Services Department. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
The City’s Miramar Landfill and Miramar Recycling Center will be open on Monday, Feb. 15. Container sales will be closed.
Torrey Pines, Mission Bay and Balboa Park golf courses will be open normal hours with holiday rates applied. All City skate parks will be open. City recreation centers are closed due to the COVID-19 public health order.
All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed, including the Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building. Check with other individual museums and attractions for their holiday schedules.
El Capitan, Miramar, Murray and San Vicente reservoirs will be open a half-hour before sunrise until sunset. Barrett Reservoir will be open for waterfowl hunting by appointment only. All other City reservoirs will be closed. Chollas Lake will be open 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port of San Diego property and in different cities may vary, please read posted signage.
Additional closures within the City of San Diego on Feb. 15:
• All libraries and book pickup service.
• City pools.
• The City’s refuse/recyclables container sales office on Miramar Place.
• Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices.
• The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department.
• The Family Justice Center. Individuals needing help related to domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
San Diego Police and San Diego Fire-Rescue emergency crews are not impacted by holiday closures.